Monday, December 11, 2006

Maple Curry Chicken Penne

I have yet to try this but we sampled this dish for our wedding and loved it, but went with turkey as curried can be an acquired taste :)

1oz olive oil
½ oz each green & red pepper
2oz julienne vegetables
1oz curry paste
5oz whipping cream
2oz maple syrup
8oz penne pasta
4oz chicken
1oz grated parmesan
1 pinch chopped parsley
1 pinch salt & pepper
cherry tomatoes

This recipe didn’t come with directions, but I think you just basically cook the pasta, veggies and sauce separately and then mix it all together. This is listed as a single serving recipe but with 8 oz of pasta I'm not so sure. There's 8 oz of pasta in our baked ziti and that's for a full casserole for dinner and at least two lunches out of it ;)

6 comments:

jami*girl said...

This is so weird! I am in Nova Scotia and I wanted to find a recipe for Maple Curry Chicken Penne, so I put it into Google, and found this blog. The weird part is, I'm from New Brunswick like you! Are you from Fredericton by any chance? Did you get this recipe from Brewbakers? They are my favorite restaurant ever!

Carol Anne said...

Wow- I am also originally from Fredericton, living in Michigan, (after living in NS) and tonight I was looking for a maple curry chicken recipe my sister had given me. My kids who are usually really picky eaters keep asking for it. She lives in Fredericton and she said the recipe was very similar to a dish she had eaten at a local restaurant. Maybe it was Brewbakers's. Anyway, the recipe she had given me was delicous!I am going to try this one- it sounds the same.

Nicole said...

I'm also from New Brunswick. I'm out in Calgary now, but suddenly had a craving for Brewbakers Mapple Curry Chicken and ended up on this site while looking for the recipe. Will be trying it this weekend.

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

i lived in fredericton and went seraching for this recipe because it is my boyfriends favorite dish at brewbakers... guess he isnt the only one who loves it!

Unknown said...

8oz cooked pasta is 1 serving, it's a cup.
You cook the chicken in the oil before you add everything else :)